The providers of The International Spine Centre will collect information for the primary purpose of providing quality care. We require personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be pro-active in the provision of health care. We may collect this information directly via the patient; from other medical providers; and through third parties with the patient’s consent.
Use and Disclosure
The principal concern of the providers of The International Spine Centre is health care. Information collected is used for the primary purpose of providing an ongoing comprehensive and high quality of care including preventative health care measures. This means that we will use personal information in the following ways.
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice
- Disclosure to other providers in this centre, or locums for the purpose of patient care and teaching
- Disclosure for professional organisations, clinical research and quality assurance audit activities within this centre or with hospitals associated with this centre for the purpose of improving individual and community health care and practice management
- Work-related or medico-legal reasons
- Sharing of news and information related to health care
- Billing and collection of professional fees
- Disclosure to debt collecting agencies and legal firms for the collection of unpaid fees
Security and Storage
The International Spine Centre will take reasonable steps to protect information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Information is maintained on a secure computer storage medium. Some information is also held on paper records. We may outsource information and data storage services and we will take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties comply with our expectations regarding privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
Access To Information
A release of information from your personal record may be provided to you on written request to the Patient Services Coordinator. There will be an administrative charge for this. Legislation may prevent some information being disclosed to you, particularly if it is felt to be detrimental to your care. An explanation will be provided to you under these circumstances.
Questions regarding privacy can be raised with the Administration Coordinator:
08 8223 4055
The International Spine Centre
Level 3 Wakefield Clinic
270 Wakefield St, Adelaide SA 5000
While we make every effort to protect your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our company or site.